Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hopes and dreams

Last night I dreamt that I went to a very quaint hawker centre. Then I ordered chicken rice from an old man who was most happy to serve me. "Eat first, pay me later," he said joyfully.

After the sumptuous meal I walked up to the store to pay for the food. Just as I pulled out the notes from my wallet, Bob Marley starts to sing Three Little Birds.

I woke up before I managed to hand the cash over.

Which is very plaguing.


Genuine questions (serious answers only):
  1. Did the old man get my money?
  2. If he didn't, how do I make sure he gets his $2.50?

This issue has left me very guilt-ridden and disturbed. Some side of me thinks that my dream self spontaneously disconnected and became lifeless upon my waking up, slumping on the ground and allowing the old man to receive payment, just as he should. Like in Avatar. However in such a situation I fear for the welfare of my dream body as it lies unattended. On the flip side, I also believe that this is not a very accurate model since I don't always reconnect to the same environment as when I left off previously. How then will I pay off my debt? Do I incur negative spiritual karma as a result of my premature awakening? Maybe I did, and when I pass away my soul will transcend only to become an old chicken rice seller in dreamland constantly getting fleeced by people who prematurely wake up. Dreamland chicken rice seller cheat for a cheated dreamland chicken rice seller, an eye for an eye.

This is worrying. The only way to resolve this is to attempt reconnecting back to my avatar in the same place
I shall take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment